There is something about chocolate pudding that brings back childhood memories. This is a simple and easy dessert that is also packs a nutrition punch. The consistency is a bit thicker than pudding but more dense than mousse. Beef gelatin contains an array of amino acids for muscle growth, joint health, supports growth of hair, nails, skin, and is great for digestion and liver function. Raw honey contains antioxidants and has antibacterial and antifungal properties. Cacao powder, as indulgent as it may taste, actually contains more than 20 times more antixoidant power than that of blueberries. It also contains protein, calcium, thiamin, riboflavin, magnesium, sulfur, flavonoids, and more!
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk with the gelatin and allow to sit or “bloom” while gathering the other ingredients.
- Turn on the heat to low to medium till the gelatin dissolves.
- Add in the raw cacao powder and whisk until smooth.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in honey, vanilla, and salt.
- Pour into serving dish and chill until thickened and creamy.
Notes: I topped mine with homemade whipped cream and a touch of cacao nibs. Get creative! Fruit, especially strawberries, would make a beautiful topping as well!