Ranch Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds)
Carving a pumpkin? Don’t toss the seeds. Here is a recipe to use those pumpkin seeds. Pumpkin seeds are packed with antioxidants and minerals including zinc, mangesium, and manganese.
1 medium pumpkin or approximately 1 1/2 cups raw unsalted pumpkin seeds
1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 Tbsp butter
1 tsp dried minced onion
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp dried dill
1. Heat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Cut open pumpkin and scoop out the seeds, collecting them in a bowl.
3. Fill the bowl up with cold water and swish it around a bit to help separate the seeds from the guts.
4. Dry the seeds by laying the seeds on a dish cloth and patting to dry.
5. Use the coconut oil to grease a baking sheet. Spread pumpkin seeds evenly across sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, until dry.
6. Toss seeds with seasoning and butter. Spread back out on baking sheet and bake for another 10 minutes. Let cool then enjoy!